Dr. Sioshansi has a new article on the Renew Economy website. It is titled, “How long to wean the world off fossil fuels?”. To read it, click here.
The June 2016 issue of EEnergy Informer is now available. Here is the contents list:
- How Long Would It Take To Wean Off Fossil Fuels?
- Kicking Fossil Fuel Habit Easier Than Previously Thought
- China: Energy Transition Already Underway
- Climate Change: What Are We Waiting For?
- Look Ma: Virtually All New Capacity Is Renewable
- Global Solar To Grow 21% In 2016
- Solar Impulse Continues Epic Journey
- Coal: Under Siege
- Global Wind To Approach 800 GW By 2020
- Connected Homes Do More Than Reduce Bills
- What Happened To Falling Demand In Australia?
- Decentralized Energy: From Niche To Mass Market
- Germany Manages Big Savings In Renewable Generation
The May 2016 issue of EEnergy Informer is now available. Here is the contents list:
- Has The Time Arrived To Transition Away From Fossil Fuels?
- US Electricity Market: Renewables And DERs Make It Hard On Generators
- Rooftop Solar Casting A Shadow On Utility Revenues
- What’s New? Energy As A Service
- Accenture: Traditional Distribution Model Not Fit For Purpose
- Want More DERs? Make It Win-Win For Customers And Utilities
- Nuclear: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back?
- Peer-to-peer On The Grid’s Edge
- Solar Paradox
- Coal’s Headwinds Will Only Get Worse And Spread Beyond The West
- Renewables Variable, Not Intermittent
Dr. Sioshansi has a new article on the Renew Economy website. It is titled, “Has the time arrived to transition away from fossil fuels?”. To read it, click here.
Dr. Sioshansi will be speaking at the Digital Utilities Europe conference in London in May. The dates of the event are May 11th-12th and Dr. Sioshansi will be speaking at 12:15 on the 12th. The topic of his talk will be issues raised in his latest book, The Future of Utilities: Utilities of the Future. For a full program for the conference, click here.
Dr. Sioshansi has an article on utility business strategy in the latest issue of Energy Spectrum magazine. It is titled, “Looking for high margins on the grid’s edge”. To read it, click here (PDF).
Dr. Sioshansi has an article in the latest issue of Forum, the quarterly magazine of the Oxford Energy Form. The article is titled, “View from the USA: rapid transformation of power sector calls for new tariffs”. The entire magazine can be downloaded here (PDF).
Dr. Sioshansi will be giving a seminar at Imperial College, London on May 10th. Titled, “Peer to Peer electricity trading, the future of utilities?”, the seminar is organized by the Energy Futures Lab at the University, and will take place in Lecture Theatre 1 in the Department of Chemical Engineering on the South Kensington Campus from 13:00 to 14:00.
For further details about the event, click here.
Book reserve a free place at the event, click here.
The April 2016 issue of EEnergy Informer is now available. Here is the contents list:
- Low Oil Prices Likely To Last
- Buffet: Sloppy Utility Model Is Over
- Looking For High Margins At The Grid’s Edge
- How/Will Electricity Retailing Be Disrupted?
- Energy Storage: The Next Big Thing
- Electricity Generation: Changing Fast
- Electricity Markets Are Broken – What’s The Fix?
- ISO New England: Facing Challenges
- China’s Next Move: Nuclear Supremacy, In Sales
- Does Socially Responsible Investment Make Financial Sense?
- Does Big Oil Get It Right?
- Coal: Battered In 2015, Gloomy Prospects For 2016
- Wind To Surpass Hydro In US By 2018
- US Wind On Its Way To 20% By 2030
- Solar’s Bright Future Yet To Come
- Solar Installers: Bigger Is Not Necessarily Better
- Net Metering Debate Continues